GDA Coronovirus update - 6th April 2020
Watch a BSL video of this update by clicking here.
Following the government's briefing this evening, please see below GDA's summary of the main points, plus some local Gloucestershire news as well as updates from GDA:
- The Prime Minister has been admitted to hospital with continuing Coronavirus symptoms, but he remains in good spirits and is continuing to lead the government on the fight against Coronavirus.
- Sadly a further 439 people have died, bringing the number of deaths in the UK to 5,373 - our thoughts with all the families who have lost loved ones.
- Evidence suggests that the stay-at-home measures are working, but we MUST continue to follow the rules in order for it to keep working and to save lives.
- Local Gloucestershire firm, Renishaw has started mass-production of parts that will help build ventilators that will help save lives
- The number of confirmed cases in Gloucestershire sits at 281 with sadly 29 people having died as a result of Coronavirus
- Richard Graham MP for Gloucester, has released the following information sheet on Coronavirus - please see below image
- Six local community transport operators have been given a share of a one-off payment of £100,000 by Gloucestershire County Council to help vulnerable people to continue to access services
- Join GDA tomorrow evening at 6pm for our first BSL signed children's bedtime story
- If you are in need of new hearing aid batteries, please contact GDA and we will arrange those for you
- Do you use BSL? Do you live in the Forest of Dean? If so, could you help GDA to support Deaf people during this time? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07875 610860, 07749 508692 or 07514 000026 to find out more.