GDA Coronavirus update - 9th April 2020
Watch a BSL video of this update by clicking here.
Following the government's update this evening, here is a summary of what was discussed, as well update from Gloucestershire and GDA:
- For now, we MUST continue to follow the guidance in order to protect lives and help the NHS. We must not give the Coronavirus an opportunity to kill more people and hurt our country. Social distancing is working, but please stay home this weekend for everyone's sake so we can continue to save lives.
- Gloucestershire NHS has set up a 'Every Name a Person' campaign to remember the people in Gloucestershire who have lost their lives to Coronavirus.
- Sadly six more people in Gloucestershire, have died from Coronavirus. The number of deaths in the county is now 53 - our continued thoughts go to the families who have lost loved ones.
- Gloucestershire firefighters will be stepping in to support paramedics during this pandemic - two additional ambulances will be coming to Gloucestershire, which will be driven by first-aid trained firefighters.
- Join us on Saturday at 7pm for our second virtual quiz, live on our Facebook page. We've changed the quiz format this week so to join in you'll need to download the KAHOOT! app, which you can do by clicking here on your mobile phone.
- We hope you enjoyed the second part of our signed story of Fantastic Mr Fox, this evening. Keep posted for the third part coming next Tuesday at 6pm on the GDA Facebook page.
At 8pm this evening, please join in with the Clap for our Carers to offer our thanks to everyone who is working so hard to protect our country.
Now more than ever it's important that we all stay at home - lets work together to save lives. We will beat Coronavirus but working together.