GDA Coronavirus update - 8th April 2020
Watch a BSL video of this update by clicking here.
Following the government's briefing this evening, here is a summary of the main points discussed, plus an update on local Gloucestershire and GDA news:
- £750 million being pledged to support charities, with £360 million of that going to small charities
- On 23rd April - BBC Children in Need and Comic Relief will host a joint fundraiser to support charities helping those affected by COVID-19 - the government will match "pound for pound" what the public donate on the night.
- The Prime Minister is responding to hospital treatment
- New UK cases of the virus are "not accelerating out of control"
Gloucestershire - taken from Punchline Gloucestershire
- 400,000 items of personal protective equipment (PPE) has arrived in Gloucestershire to support the work of social care and health workers
- Tewkesbury Community Hospital is to become a Coronavirus-only hospital, supporting Gloucestershire patients with COVID-19
- More than £10 million has been paid out in grants to support Forest of Dean businesses
- Join us for part two of our signed children's story 'Fantastic Mr Fox' - it'll be on the GDA Facebook page at 6pm tomorrow evening.
- We'll also be hosting another free lesson to learn British Sign Language at 11am tomorrow on the GDA Facebook page, with Yvonne Cobb - do join us if you can.
Stay safe everyone,