GDA Coronavirus update - 7th April 2020
Watch a BSL version of this update by clicking here.
After the briefing from 10 Downing Street this evening, please see below today's summary of updates:
- The Prime Minister remains in hospital where he is receiving standard oxygen support - he is not on a ventilator. He is in good spirits and being well looked after
- Nearly 700 local businesses have received a share of nearly £9 million from Gloucester City Council, to help them through the Coronavirus pandemic
- Patients at the NHS Nightingale hospital in London will be dining courtesy of Stroud-based company, Ecotricity who has sent 75,000 of it's spicy meatballs to the hospital to feed staff and patients. The money from the sale of the meatballs will be donated straight back to the NHS.
- Sadly the number of deaths in Gloucestershire has now reached 46 - our thoughts with all those who have lost loved dues to Coronavirus.
- We hope you enjoyed our first signed story this evening - watch it on the GDA Facebook page here. Keep posted for part two of Fantastic Mr Fox coming on Thursday at 6pm.
- Join us tomorrow at 12pm for a chat with Reg about working in a hearing world
- Thank you to all the volunteers who have come forward to provide additional support deaf and hard of hearing people living in Gloucestershire - they're support is invaluable
Although the weather is warm, please remember that we must continue to stay at home.
Stay safe everyone,