GDA Coronavirus update - 23rd March 2020
Watch a BSL video of this announcement by clicking here.
The Prime Minister has addressed the nation this evening with the following announcement:
- From tonight, people in Britain will be allowed to leave their homes for only “very limited purposes” - shopping for basic necessities; for one form of exercise a day; for any medical need; and to travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary”
- People are warned not to meet friends or family members who they do not live with
- Shopping is only permitted for essentials like food and medicine, and people are advised to do it “as little as you can”
- Police have powers to enforce the rules, including through fines and dispersing gatherings
- All shops selling non-essential goods, such as clothing and electronic stores, are ordered to close
- Libraries, playgrounds, outdoor gyms and places of worship are to close
- All gatherings of more than two people in public - excluding people you live with - are banned
- All social events, including weddings and baptisms are banned
- Funerals are not included in the new restrictions
- Parks will remain open for exercise but gatherings will be dispersed
- Restrictions “under constant review” and will be checked again in three weeks. They will be relaxed “if the evidence shows we are able to”
We would like to remind you that while the GDA office and community centre are closed, GDA remains open while our team works from home, and we are here to support you through this difficult time.
You can contact us on 07875 610860 or 07749 508692 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.