GDA Coronavirus update - 22nd March 2020
A BSL version of this page is available by clicking here.
Following the Prime Minister's brieing on the current situation with Coronavirus, this afternoon, here is a summary of the key points:
- We must all follow the social distancing rules - please stay at least 2m away from people, even if you're in the fresh air
- The NHS have identified 1.5 million people who are considered high risk because of underlying health issues
- They will be contacted by letter in the coming days to ask them to stay at home for 12 weeks
- Anyone living with someone who is on the high risk list, don't have to stay home for 12 weeks, but they MUST follow the social distancing rules
- For people living at home, medicines will be delivered by local pharmacists and foods and essentials will be delivered by local councils - this will all be explained on the letters from the NHS.
A reminder - the GDA office and the GDA Community Centre is closed, but we are still working from our homes to support you. Text 07875 610860 or 07749 508692 if you need any support during this time.
Stay safe and take care everyone