GDA Coronavirus update - 22nd April 2020
Watch a BSL version of this update by clicking here.
Here is a round-up of today's news from the Government, Gloucestershire and GDA:
- The Government has commented on the "tough times" for businesses, families and the vulnerable, and has described the situation as an "economic, physical and emotional" strain for the whole nation.
- The military have been supporting the NHS with accessing supplies, by making deliveries to approx. 50,000 locations.
- Watch the full briefing, with BSL interpreter, on the BBC News iPlayer channel, here.
Gloucestershire - courtesy of Punchline Gloucester
- Sadly four more people have died in Gloucestershire as a result of the Coronavirus. Our thoughts go to all those who have lost loved ones. 147 people have now died from Coronavirus in the county.
- Since it's launch in March, the Gloucestershire Help Hub has supported more than 3,000 vulnerable people who are being affected by COVID-19.
- Fashion graduates from the University of Gloucestershire have returned to Park Campus to help in the production of NHS scrubs. In three days they have already created 40 sets of scrubs for local NHS services.
- GDA's next children's signed bedtime story will be live on our Facebook page tomorrow at 6pm - do follow along to enjoy the classic tale of 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt'.
- This Saturday, join Reg and Yvonne on the sofa for another fun night in with the 'Deaf Phil and Holly'. Pop on over to the GDA Facebook page at 7pm to join in the fun.
- Don't forget to let your family and friends know to join us at 11am tomorrow for our next BSL lesson.
- And finally, exciting update coming tomorrow about how you can help GDA during this difficult time. Keep posted for more information...