GDA Coronavirus update - 16th April 2020
Watch a BSL video of this summary by clicking here.
Following the Government's televised briefing this evening, here is GDA's summary of the discussions as well as an update on Gloucestershire and GDA news.
- UK Coronavirus lockdown measures will remain in place for the next three weeks - we must all continue to do our bit to save lives
- Watch the full Government briefing with a BSL interpreter on the BBC News iPlayer channel by clicking here.
- NHS staff in Gloucestershire are being offered free bus travel on all Stagecoach buses
- The MP for Stroud has supported the call for people to NOT release Chinese lanterns and fireworks on Thursday evenings, as a way of supporting the 'Clap for our Carers' campaign
- The NHS is using a private hospital in Cheltenham to help it cope with the extra demand created by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Sadly a further 9 people have died from Coronavirus in Gloucestershire - our thoughts are with everyone who has lost a loved one
- Thank you to everyone who has joined us for our virtual events this week, we hope you've enjoyed them. Do join us again next week for more virtual fun.
- A reminder that we won't be hosting a Saturday night virtual event this week, but we'll be back next week with more virtual entertainment.
- There won't be any daily updates from GDA this weekend, but do take a look at BSL Zone for regular updates over the weekend
Take care everyone and stay safe,