GDA Coronavirus update - 14th April 2020
Here is today's update from GDA, with information from Gloucestershire, GDA and the Government.
Watch a BSL video of this update by clicking here.
- As of 9am today 302,599 people have been tested across the UK with over 93,000 people testing positive. Sadly the number of deaths in the UK is now over 12,000.
- It's important that we continue to follow social distancing guidelines.
- For wider coverage of the Government's announcement today with a BSL interpreter, please go to BBC News on the iPlayer by clicking here.
- A further 66,000 items of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is being distributed across the county to frontline care people - this is on top of approx. 400,000 pieces that were distributed last week.
- 900 vehicles were stopped over the Easter weekend, by police in Gloucestershire, who were questioning why people were out and about.
- Sadly further deaths have been announced in Gloucestershire due to Coronavirus. A total of 98 people have now lost their lives to COVID-19 - our thoughts are with all the people who have lost loved ones.
- You may have seen recently that the Government announced support for charities - while this is great news, there is no guarantee that GDA will receive any of this funding to help see us through this difficult time. We understand this is a hard time for everyone, but if you are able to, please make a donation to GDA so we can continue to be there for people living with deafness. Please give what you can here. Thank you.
- Would you like to discuss employment? Join us tomorrow at 12pm for a ZOOM chat with Reg Cobb. Spaces for 25 people so text 07848 968692 to book your place
- And don't forget to join us on Thursday at 11am for another BSL lesson on the GDA Facebook page - please let your family and friends know so they can learn some BSL too.
Take care everyone,